Infection control procedures for our staff
We scrub our hands before and after each appointment and always put on a new pair of disposable gloves. We also wear masks and protective eyewear.
We regularly update infection control procedures for all staff members.
Infection control procedures
We control infection in a number of ways.
- All instruments are regularly sterilized, and our handpieces are always sterilized between patients.
- We use disposable supplies, such as paper bibs, paper cups, cotton rolls, and gauze pads, to avoid potential infection.
- Water lines are cleaned regularly according to standards published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We use protective barriers on exposed surfaces, like the handles on light fixtures and other equipment. All other surfaces are disinfected according to government standards.
- We dispose of biodental waste and sharp instruments in safe containers. These containers are provided through a biomedical disposal company.
Taking infection control seriously
In our office, we take pride in adhering to the highest possible infection control standards. We follow these standards because your health and welfare are important to us.
All staff members are vaccinated for hepatitis B. We regularly update infection control procedures for all staff members.
Copyright © 2014, Patterson Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved